To perform the Raindrop Technique, have the child lay quietly on a bed or a massage table:
1. Start with Valor® essential oil blend. Put a drop of Valor in each hand. Cross your arms and apply Valor to the child’s feet. Hold the feet and wait for an energy change in the body.
2. One at a time, apply oregano, thyme, basil, cypress, wintergreen, marjoram, and peppermint essential oils (in this order) up the spine of the foot. Use the Vita Flex Technique for this. Remember: Children can be more sensitive to the oils; only use one drop of each oil on the feet.
3. Have the child roll onto his or her tummy to put the oils on the back. Rub your finger over the essential oil bottle to get a little bit of oil on your finger, then rub the oil up the spine starting from the lower back up. A full drop of oil may be too much if the child is fair skinned. Lightly feather stroke each oil up the spine. Start with oregano and continue with thyme the same way. Watch for any redness or discomfort and apply V-6 if necessary.
4. Rub your finger over the bottle of basil essential oil. Rub basil up both sides of the spine, then feather stroke it in. Now do the spinal pull three times up the spine.
5. Rub your finger over the bottle of wintergreen essential oil. Rub it up both sides of the spine, then feather stroke it in. Now do the thumb roll, called Vita Flex Technique, three times up the spine.
6. Next, rub your finger over the bottle of marjoram essential oil. Rub it up both sides of the spine, then feather stroke it in. Now, with big circles, massage up the side of the back on both sides three times.
7. Apply a very small amount of Aroma Siez™ essential oil blend to the areas of the back and feather stroke it in. Then do the glide stoke, going back and forth across the back working up the back three times. You can do a light massage to release any tension or tightness in the back.
8. Now rub your finger over the bottle of peppermint essential oil. Rub it up both sides of the spine, then feather stroke it in up the sides of the spine. Watch for any burning or hot areas and add V-6 massage oil if necessary.